How to Join – Physiotherapists
In order to streamline the process and make it as convenient as possible we recommend that prior to entering the membership portal you review the instructions below.
The current criteria to join STN apply to Physical Therapists and Chiropractors at this time.
STN will be establishing endorsement criteria for additional professions in the near future.
Instructions for Applicants
If you are a Physical Therapist, one of the following Credentials are a minimum requirement to join the network. Please have proof of certification available in PDF format for upload:
- Advanced Clinician Practitioner in Arthritis Care (ACPAC)
- Advanced Spine Practitioner Inter-professional Spine Assessment and Education Clinicians (ISAEC)
- Canadian Physiotherapy Association Clinical Musculoskeletal Specialist
- McKenzie Certification with Credentialing exam completed or Diploma
- McMaster University’s Advanced Orthopaedic Musculoskeletal-Manipulative Physiotherapy Specialization
- Orthopaedic Division of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association’s Diploma of Orthopaedic Manipulative Therapy
- University of Western Ontario’s, Masters of Clinical Science Degree in Manipulative Therapy
- Any foreign training equivalent to the above
- College Registration Number
- Current malpractice certificate
- Certificate of Designation (where available)
- A letter of reference from a colleague or mentor within your discipline attesting to your expertise in degenerative conditions
- A letter of reference from another professional outside of your discipline. This letter should demonstrate your ability to provide evidence based, effective, client-centered care of degenerative spine conditions and inter-professional collaboration.
- A photo of yourself – headshot
- A CV summary ( Use STN.Biosketch.2017.template.final ) demonstrating: (Maximum of 4 pages)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience treating degenerative spinal conditions.
- Evidence of ongoing education, teaching and/or research in the treatment of degenerative spine conditions
The Application Process
To streamline the process please prepare all documents in the required format before initiating the application.
The online application will include the process of setting up an STN account first which will require a valid email address and
creation of a password.
Once you haven registered and received your password you will be guided on how to upload your documents into a secure account.
Once the application has been completed, you will hear from the STN administrators regarding the status
of your application and next steps.